Deadline : January 5 at 11:59 pm
The Rencontre Interuniversitaire de Performance Actuelle (RIPA) is inviting university-level student artists (current or recently graduated), from Quebec and neighbouring provinces and states, to submit a proposal for its next performance evening which is to be held in April 2016 in Montreal.
RIPA is looking for performance proposals that are likely to incorporate new media (or not) and their variations : action art, intervention, art furtif, reenactment, maneuver, etc. Offsite proposals presenting themselves as an extension of the event are also welcome.
Performances that will be presented during the evening may be a maximum of 15 minutes, though exceptions will be considered.
* A symbolic sum will be given to the selected artists. RIPA is not able to cover the expenses of the participating artists (materials, travel and accommodation). A modest compensation as well as support in finding accommodations are offered to artists from outside the Montreal area.
Your application must include in ONE PDF FILE (maximum 10 MB) the followings:
– A resume (maximum 2 pages)
– A short text presenting your artistic statement (maximum 250 words)
– A description of your project (maximum 350 words)
– The duration of the performance
– A maximum of 10 digital images with the following information: title, date, duration, Web site (if needed)
– A link to video documentation is highly recommended (Vimeo or YouTube)
– The list of your technical and logistical requirements (installation and equipment management will be the responsibility of the artist, in collaboration with the technical team)
Send your application in ONE PDF FILE to the following email address:
firstname.lastname@example.org (contact: Janick Burn and Félix Chartré-Lefebvre)
An acknowledgment of receipt will be sent.
Deadline: January 5, 2016 at 11:59 pm. No applications will be accepted after this date. Incomplete applications will not be forwarded to the selection committee.